For many people in Illinois struggling with drug abuse, getting treatment is never an option. This is in according with a recent survey of the population of people living with drug and alcohol addiction in the state of Illinois.
Many people fear enrolling in an inpatient treatment center in Illinois because of the high cost of treatment that may be involved as well as because of fear of stigmatization by their friends. Many media campaigns are being run in the country let the people know who do not want to get drug abuse treatment in various places, that they can get treatment at very affordable costs.
There are many state run facilities as well as nonprofit facilities for the treatment of addiction. Many people in the state also have a negative idea of what goes on around an inpatient treatment center in Illinois because of the TV shows that reveal pictures and videos of people getting treated at these facilities.
This gives many of them fear of joining the facilities. What they do not know is that what the media portrays of drug abuse rehab centers is just bit of what really goes on in the facilities. Most media stations portray the worst cases brought to facilities and not milder or normal cases in order to illicit public sympathy and instill fear in people.
An inpatient treatment center in Illinois are a place where individuals can get treatment for their addiction problems. At these facilities, patients are kept in a program where they reside for a period of up to three months depending on the addiction problem. At an inpatient treatment center in Illinois, the living facilities are more like dormitory rooms for college students as opposed to hotel rooms.
The patents are able to cook for themselves, clean by themselves and go shopping. The facilities provide spaces for a person to perform all these activities. During the day, a patient is required to attend their assigned therapy sessions or other sessions that fit their programs. An inpatient treatment center in Illinois will provide various types of treatment programs, but the most basic are as below:
- Counseling – There may be family, group or individual counseling. It helps the client get support for their problems.
- Evidence Based Treatment – These methods are government mandated and use treatment that is tried and proven to be effective.
- Biofeedback – When people abuse drugs, they tend to ignore warning signs from their bodies. Biofeedback will help the patient recognize signs of a possible relapse and address it before it becomes detrimental to them.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy – At an inpatient treatment center in Illinois, clients are taught how to change their attitudes and thought patterns in order to embrace any changes that they may experience in their body. Addicts are taught how to better their environment by changing the way that they think.
- Reality Treatment – This program uses a perception attitude approach. The patient is brought to understand that some things in life they can control while there are other things that they cannot control. The patient is helped in developing coping strategies to deal with their addiction. During the treatment process at an inpatient treatment center in Illinois, a patient is allowed to go through life as normally as possible without interruptions.
Many of the inpatient treatment centers in Illinois combine the various types of treatment therapies to treat the abuse of alcohol.